AMVETS Department Commander and Department ED;
Warriors to Wireless
AMVETS National Headquarters is working with Novation to train veterans for careers as lineman. Your Department and Posts may meet the criteria to provide this training. In the coming weeks, you may be contacted by someone from Novation to discuss hosting a training session(s).
The bullet points below outline some details of the partnership and added value and revenue for the Departments and Posts.
- Novation and AMVETS partners will identify your Department or Post as one of the authorized Veteran Outreach and Training Centers for our Broadband, Wireless, and Infrastructure Technician Training Courses.
- Novation will identify unemployed and underemployed veterans in your surrounding communities and provide online courses, in-person certifications, and testing at the Post. Veteran students participating in the program will be then submitted to Warriors4Wireless and their hiring partners for job and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Novation will give all veterans enrolled in the training program a 1-year membership in Post.
- The Training Center will pay for any room rental in accordance with your organizational guidelines.
- Novation would like your permission to install a small, non-penetrating roof mount which does not require a permit and can be placed in an unobtrusive manner.
- Should you be interested and qualify, DISH TV will provide a 3-year, no-cost TV service, with a dedicated Video-On-Demand Channel that will provide programs and content specific to Veteran Education, Benefits, and Services (valued at over $3500).
- Novation will cover any de-installation cost if for any reason equipment needs to be removed or relocated.
- (a sample MOU is attached)
AMVETS National Membership Director
US Army Infantry